This dish is a favourite in my house hold. It is very easy to make AND quick. :)
- 1 bag of your choice of pasta.
- 2 ripe avocado (flesh only)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 ripe tomato (cut in half)
- 2 strips of bacon (cut into tiny pieces)
- 1 cup mushrooms of choice (sliced thinly)
- Olive oil for cooking
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet and save a mug of the boiling pasta water.
- In a frying pan, add bacon and fry till it is crispy. I usually do not add any oil as the bacon would have enough fat in it.
- Add mushrooms.
- In a food processor or thermomix, add Avocado, garlic, basil, baby spinach and tomato with a little bit of olive oil. Blend till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer it into the pan with the bacon.
- Add the creamy avocado sauce and let it heat through.
- Serve while it's hot. YUM.